Elon Musk's Mobile Pi
5| On Destroying Books
Q#1 Choose Tick the right synonyms of the following underlined words. (10)
1. Some people are reluctant to throw away useless
books.
A) excited
B) hesitant
C) enthusiastic
D) fed
up
2. A mistake once brought me almost within the shadow of rope.
A) gloomy
B) frightened
D) emotional
D) fear of being
hanged
3. I was living in a small heaven-kissing flat.
A) very tall
B) very grand
C) very big
D) very spacious
4. I had an idea of evicting the books from my room.
A) dusting
B) marking
C) throw out
D) staking
5. I could not consume the books on my gas cooker.
A) Waste
B) burn
C) spend
D) save
6. I could gruff, sneering laughter.
A) bad-tempered
B) pleasant
C) gloomy
D) funny
7. The writer improvised a sack and filled the books
into it.
A) Packed
B) managed
C) bought
D) opened
8. There was a cold nip in the air.
A) bite
B) nappy
C) napkin
D) novel
9. There were few solitary travellers on the way.
A) slime
B) clear
C) lonely
D) stink
10. The policeman looked suspicious.
A) quick
B) gloomy
C) doubtful
D) high-pitch
Q#2 Make
sentences of the 5 following idioms. (10)
Be taken in, beat the palm,
by all means, to be under clouds, in cold blood, carry too far, cut a sorry
figure, come to grief
Q#3 Answer any 5 questions of the following. (10)
I) What sort
of books were presented by the British public to soldiers?
II) Why
should bad books be destroyed?
III) Why it is
difficult to destroy books?
IV) How did
the writer decide to get rid of his books?
V) How did
the writer muster up the courage, at last, to fling the books into the river?
VI) Why could the author not burn the unwanted books?
Q#4 Translate into English. (15)
Good Luck!!!
Comments
Post a Comment